The course will introduce and discuss the role of the travel agent in the tourism industry and cover the organization set up and its functions. It will enable students to understand how to calculate airfares and issue tickets for airlines. It will help students to have practical Global and distribution systems (GDS) skills relevant for the travel industry. It will also help students to have broader knowledge of IATA world geography.
By the end of this course, students should be able to:
1. Analyse the services and interactions of the travel agent in the tourism industry
2. Examine the origins, organisation and operation of a travel agency
3. Understand how air fares are calculated and air tickets are issued
4. Know how to work with Global and distribution system GDS in the travel industry
5. Locate most countries on the map, know city and Airport codes and calculate time differences of the world
- Facilitator: Frank Gondwe